Thursday, October 28, 2010

The 2010 Elections… Let’s Get ‘Em Over With!

Let’s give the November 2nd elections – just five days away now – a brief rundown, no matter how much it pains me to focus on a topic I’m frankly sick of…

Here in my adopted state of Maryland – I’m still a Jersey Girl by birth – they’re saying that current governor Martin O’Malley is 14 points ahead of former governor Bob Ehrlich. That may be true or it may just be a fantasy hatched and nurtured by the liberal media.

I choose to believe that my state isn’t as dumb as they like to make it out to be though.

Still, I have to say that I don’t care about our gubernatorial race nearly as much as I’m interested in Senate races elsewhere, namely Christine O’Donnell in Delaware and Sharron Angle in Nevada.

The latter of the two is running against Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, whom I’d love to see go down… and go down hard. A particularly bruised ego might be just what the man needs to turn him into a useful member of society instead of a political cretin.

But as happy as that would make me, my hopes are mostly tied in Christine O’Donnell. Maybe it’s a combination of her age, gender and Tea Party affiliations that I relate to, or maybe she symbolizes something I might want to be someday. Or perhaps I just really, really, really want the media – which mocks her and takes her out of context whenever it can – to eat its words.

Regardless, go Christine!

2010 Election Voter Fraud

Of course, I’d be remiss in mentioning the elections – even briefly – if I didn’t bring up the rampant voter fraud that’s already emerging. I hate to say it, but I’m not at all surprised. And because I’m not surprised, I can’t muster up much outrage about the topic, even though I probably should.

Nonetheless, here’s a brief rundown…
  • Daytona Beach, FL – Daytona Beach City Commissioner Derrick Henry and his campaign manager, Genesis Robinson, are charged with committing absentee ballot fraud. They were arrested the same day, and while Henry claims to be “nonpartisan” on his Facebook page, how much do you want to bet that he supports liberal policies if he’s resorting to such underhanded tactics?
  • Bucks County, PA – Backed by the county Republican committee, some residents filed a petition accusing Democratic Congressman Patrick Murphy of utilizing fraudulent applications for absentee ballots.
  • Clark County, Nevada – Resident Joyce Ferrara allegedly went to vote for Republican Sharron Angle and found instead that Democrat Harry Reid’s name was already checked on her ballot. Ferrara says that her husband and several other voters experienced the same phenomena.
On the latter example, Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller has poo-pooed the implied accusations, saying that there is no way the electronic voting machines could have been pre-programmed. Furthermore, he finds the whole thing sad, as it detrimentally affects confidence in the electoral process.

Really? Confidence in the electoral process? That’s been a joke ever since Acorn came along.

No comments:

Post a Comment