Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Common Link Between Vice President Joe Biden, Pop-Star Avril Lavigne and Congressman Barney Frank

I don’t know about you, but I’m really quite sick of personal and political doublespeak.

I understand that it’s an unfortunate human condition to recognize fault in others while remaining conveniently blind to our own, but I think we’ve taken it to a fascinating new level these days.

Want some examples? I’ll be glad to give them to you:

How about Vice President Joe Biden actively feeding into the Bush-is-an-idiot mentality when he’s a walking gaffe? If we had a liberal press, we would recognize the man that Karl Rove calls a “serial exaggerator” and Toby Harnden of the UK’s Telegraph describes as “legendarily verbose and self-regarding” as the pathetic buffoon that he is… and quite possibly Obama as the unscrupulous politician that he is for choosing Biden – a man of all talk and no substance – as a running mate in the first place.

Just to drive the point home, let me quote Harnden’s last paragraph in the piece: “I loved, near the end of the NYT piece, Viden’s plaintive ‘I hope they think I’m smart’ response when he was asked about what voters think about him. I’m sorry to break this to you, Joe, but…”

And despite the lack of media commentary on the man’s blithering idiocy, even Jay Leno thought the fact well enough known to make a joke about it recently.

“President Obama announced that his new chief of staff would be his longtime aide, a man named Peter Rouse. Obama said one of the most popular phrases around the White House is, ‘Let Pete fix it.’ That’s the most popular phrase. Second most popular phrase at the White House? ‘Tell Biden I’m not here.’”

Barney Frank: Not as Comical but Just as Delusional

Barney Frank, I consider a much more intelligent man than Joe Biden. Or the soon-to-be mentioned Avril Lavigne, for that matter, though Ms. Lavigne trumps Biden. Not that that says much.

Surprisingly enough, I’m not going to mention how Frank is now blaming Republicans for the housing crisis that he largely engineered through his no-holds barred support of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and “encouragement” of risky mortgages.

Instead, let’s go to a direct quote of his. For those who will be quick to shout “bias” considering the source, you can find the video elsewhere. This site just has a convenient transcript of the conversation attached:

“We can't continue to have economic growth that is concentrated in the hands of a few. In America we are becoming more and more unequal. Some inequality is necessary for a capitalist system but we've gone way beyond that, and the average working person, we're talking 80% of the population has seen an erosion in his or her economic position rather than advance.”

Sounds like a regular champion of the poor, right? A modern-day Robin Hood and certainly not a man who would accept “free luxury jet rides to the Virgin Islands with a financier who got a $200 million federal bailout” or stayed “at the billionaire’s tropical mansion,” right?

Completely putting aside the legalist issues the vacation raises, Barney Frank is clearly just one more example of a say-one-thing-and-do-another liberal.

Avril Lavigne: Pop Princess or Pathetic, Tired Tramp?

Harsh words for such a beloved icon of the I’m-My-Own-Person-and-I’ll-Prove-It-by-Acting-Just-the-Same-as-Everyone-Else trend? I’ll let you be a judge, but I’ve already delivered my own damning verdict in the face of exceedingly blatant evidence.

As a woman, it drives me nuts when members of my gender try publicly exploiting both the good girl and liberated hussy routines at the same time. How about save that for the bedroom with your men, ladies?

Besides, it’s really, really, really old at this point, not to mention that it was an obvious lie the first time some idiot female tried to play it.

Do you really think that men look at commercially distributed nude or deliberately provocative pictures of women and think: “Wow! What a classy lady. I respect her for being a complete person instead of merely a sexual object.”

I’d compare the number of men who would think that to the number of women who want to sleep with Hugh Heffner because he looks like he’s good in bed.

In other words, very few. And I think that’s being exceedingly generous.

Yet Avril, who recently posed topless for Maxim, apparently still thought it’d be a great idea to try out tired lines like: “I like a classy man, a gentleman who opens the door and gives flowers and always puts the lady first. I'm a little old-fashioned like that.”

She even stooped so low as to describe herself as “really shy and quiet.”

Newsflash nitwit: Real shy and quiet girls don’t go posing nude or semi-nude for no-good reason.

It isn’t like she doesn’t have money to afford a shirt. In fact, with the money she has, she should be able to afford a clue as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment