Thursday, October 21, 2010

If Global Warming is Real, Then Why Aren’t They Taking It Seriously?

The elections are getting nastier and nastier the closer we get to November 2, which is really just right around the corner at this point. I don’t know about you, but I feel as if this month – like just about every other one so far this year – is flying by at an unprecedented rate.

And speaking of President Obama’s favorite word, “unprecedented,” let’s get into his latest self-serving and distorted propaganda message, this time about fighting the ravages of global warming through his pet project of last year, the $787 billion “stimulus” plan.

MSNBC sums it up quite nicely when it says, “The Obama administration is crediting its anti-recession stimulus plan with creating up to 50,000 jobs on dozens of wind farms, even though many of those wind farms were built before the stimulus money began to flow or even before President Barack Obama was inaugurated.”

I’d make a sarcastic comment about being surprised, but such revelations are so common these days that I’m much rather apt to say “duh.”

It shouldn’t be any kind of shock at this point that our country’s topmost elected leader thinks we’re dumb enough to fall for every one of his lines. For one thing, as a nation, we did vote him in. But also, he really just does think we’re that stupid, as Karl Rove reminds us of in the Wall Street Journal:

“At an April 2008 fund-raiser in San Francisco, Barack Obama let loose with his famous ‘they cling to guns or religion’ line.” And he clearly hasn’t changed his mind about that, as his statements last Saturday in Massachusetts indicate: “‘Facts and science and argument [do] not seem to be winning… because we’re hard-wired not to always think clearly when we’re scared.’”

Inspirational, huh? Don’t you want to vote for his policies now that he’s called you backwards?

Global Warming Hype and a Broken Heart

James Cameron certainly still supports Obama’s take on the world ending – at least in theory – donating large sums towards fighting California’s Proposition 23, which would suspend the state’s global warming law.

Then again, James Cameron doesn’t actually have to live the green life he preaches, what with his lavish lifestyle, multiple properties and modes of transportation. He just enjoys pushing it on everybody else.

How nice.

What’s equally as obnoxious is the Obama administration’s promises through General (a.k.a. Government) motors concerning the Chevrolet Volt.

Now, if you haven’t heard about the much-touted Volt, let me fill you in with what it was supposed to be: an electric car with a back-up gasoline tank for those long trips you need to make every once in a while… and it got 230 miles per gallon in the city!

I’ll admit that even I found myself falling hopelessly in love with the concept. If I bought one, I could save so much money that I’d otherwise be spending on gas. At today’s prices, I spend a decent $120 - $150 on gas every month, thanks mostly to too many out-of-state friends and family that I want to visit.

So forgive me, please, that I indulged in a few daydreams of the places I could go and the money I could save by stupidly buying into Obama administration hype.

Seriously. Please? Forgive me?

Regardless, my silly little crush is officially over, leaving me disappointed and ashamed.

As investors.com cites, “It’s not an all-electric car” after all, “but rather a pricey $41,000 hybrid that requires a taxpayer-funded $7,500 subsidy to get car shoppers to look at it.”

And worse yet, far from the 230 miles per gallon it was supposed to get, “Popular mechanics found the Volt to get about 37.5 mpg in city driving, and Motor Trend reports: ‘Without any plugging in, (a weeklong trip to Grandma’s house) should return fuel economy in the high 30s to low 40s.’”

Forgive me if I still sniffle at what could have been if Obama wasn’t such a blatant and habitual liar.

No comments:

Post a Comment