Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why I Love the Media Research Center So Much

You know how all of the sappy love songs wax poetic about how life didn’t begin until Mr. or Ms. Amazing came into view?

Well, I know exactly how they feel. Because I don’t know how I ever survived without the Media Research Center.

Back not that long ago, everything seemed fine enough. The grass appeared green. The sky looked, for all intents and purposes, blue. And at the time, I would have sworn that the sunshine beamed down onto Earth just as it should have.

But none of that was really true. How could it have been when I hadn’t yet discovered one of the world’s most laudable man-made resources?

See, on my own, I can think of several examples of hatemongering in the liberal media. I even listed a few earlier this week… Wanda Sykes saying she hoped Rush Limbaugh died… That unfortunately configured comedian whose name I forget spewing that Sarah Palin deserved to be gang raped… And the poor, pointless creature on that show that’s as irrelevant as Days of Our Lives. Oh right, Joy Behar.

(Why do I only have the female-committed grievances sufficiently planted in my memory?)

Shortly after that, my memory starts failing… even though I know very well there are other examples out there. But while I can name the perps – Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann, Alan Grayson – I’d be hard pressed to give you the specifics of the vitriol they spewed.

(Not to condone the left-wing media at all, but I do rather understand their current obsession with the word “vitriol.” It has a certain ring to it. Try saying it out loud and you’ll hear what I mean. I think it’s that harsh “T” sound that makes it so catchy.)

But where my single mind fails to properly recall the more memorable moments where the liberal media slipped up and revealed its undiluted abhorrence of anything Conservative, the Media Research Center comes up with neat and organized lists… documented proof that the left is exceedingly good at behaving with the grace and dignity of a warthog.

A Small Taste of the Media Research Center’s Overwhelming Amazingness

By now, we all know very well that the left-wing media is accusing the right of inciting violence with hateful words, actions and attitudes.

Fortunately for us, we have the Media Research Center on our side though. So when people like Pima County, Arizona’s blathering Sheriff, Clarence Dupnik, accuse us of being naughty, we can take a quick peek at the Media Research Center’s website and find tons of fascinating examples that prove the pot is calling the (largely aluminum) tea kettle black.

If you’ve got the time, click here for a telling trail of nastiness. If not, check out my three favorite snippets below…

“… If there is retributive justice, he’ll [then-Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC)] get AIDS from a transfusion, or one of his grandchildren will get it.” – NPR’s Nina Totenberg

“Rush Limbaugh is beginning to look more and more like Mr. Big, and at some point somebody’s going to jam a CO2 pellet into his head and he’s going to explode like a giant blimp. That day may come. Not yet, but we’ll be there to watch.” – Chris Matthews

And finally, quite possibly the most damning quote…

“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun.” – President Barack Obama

Thank you Media Research Center… for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment