With a group as large and diverse as ours, it was bound to eventually and now it has. Tragically, destructively and pointlessly.
For several U.S. presidential administrations now but especially Obama’s, conservatives have been accused of being ideologically insane and physically dangerous. So, without knowing the facts, the liberal press and political crowd instantly blamed us of:
- Crashing a plane into a Texas IRS building on February 18, 2010
- Planting a bomb in New York City’s Times Square on May 1, 2010
- Shooting Representative Gabrielle Giffords and killing several others in Tucson, Arizona on January 8, 2011
- Texas pilot Joseph Andrew Stack hated Bush and wrote negatively about capitalism and positively about socialism.
- NYC bomber Pakistan-born American citizen Faisal Shahzad was an Islamic extremist.
- Arizona gunman Jared Lee Loughner worshipped satan and was described by former classmates as “left-wing.”
This time, however, is different.
Even though Anders Behring Breivik is a Norwegian – not an American – who terrorized his countrymen with bombs and guns thousands of miles away from the U.S., he still did it in the name of the truth and freedom that conservatives here in the States adhere to.
In a deranged effort to raise awareness of radical Islamic aggression, he hypocritically set off a bomb in his capitol and shot up a youth camp, ultimately leaving 93 dead.
His actions were deplorable and obviously do not fit with conservative philosophy or history, despite what liberals here and abroad will doubtlessly claim.
Regardless, our hearts go out to the friends and family who are left behind after these senseless acts. We grieve with them and with their country.