Thursday, September 15, 2011

Obama Not Any Kind of Messiah I Want to Put My Trust in

Despite creating and maintaining a Jimmy Carter-style economy since stepping into the Oval Office three years ago, President Obama somehow still hasn’t gotten the memo that he isn’t the second coming.

Last year, up in Acadia, Maine, I saw a magnet in a gift shop that read: “It’s not a Messiah complex if he really does save the world.”

Fair enough. But that also means the opposite… If Obama doesn’t save the world, then he’s not the Messiah.

Clearly the world is still one big, royal mess, so he’s not any kind of savior. But if you need further proof, consider this actual Messianic message, taken from John 21:15 (NLV):

“After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, ‘Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?’

“‘Yes, Lord,’ Peter replied, ‘you know I love you.’

“‘Then feed my lambs,” Jesus told him.”

Now contrast that with Obama, who responded to a supporter’s shout of love with: “If you love me, you got to help me pass this [“jobs”] bill.”

Makes for a poor comparison, doesn’t it? Especially when you learn that, far from Jesus’ teaching to look out for our fellow man, Obama’s so-called jobs bill throws taxes onto soup kitchen donations and other charitable contributions.

I don’t know about you, but that’s not any kind of savior I want to put my trust in.

Fortunately, my hope is somewhere far more logical. And secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment