Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Herman Cain vs. the Woman Issue

As a female, I’m particularly partial to the feminine perspective. And I’ll flat-out admit that I’ve been known to take the girls’ side with little to no factual basis before.

Like the whole Duke University stripper affair, where I thought the frat boys involved were guilty as hell. Even now that their accuser has been proven a piece of lying trash, I still have a hard time feeling bad for the lads since they hired her in the first place.

In my book, even that legal form of objectification makes them worthy of my derision regardless of what else did or did not happen. I believe that women deserve respect, including the God-given right to be seen as something more than a HPOA.

In addition, I’ve been on the receiving end of sexual harassment before (saying “victim” sounds far too melodramatic for anything not involving direct threats or hands-on activity), so I understand how frustrating and uncomfortable it is to get unwanted attention.

But I’m still having a hard time accepting the accusations of sexual harassment or sexual impropriety against GOP presidential hopeful Herman Cain.

Let me be blunt: I like Herman Cain and I think he’d make a great president… and not just compared to Obama, since that isn’t saying much. Now let me be blunt again: I like being female more than I like Herman Cain.

Yet – while I don’t want to lightly dismiss a woman’s claim of sexual harassment – the truth is there is good reason to doubt it happened considering several factors, including society’s tendency to look out for number one and the mainstream media’s habits.

Let’s face it: People with big money can make easy targets for the less scrupulous. Just look at all of the sports players who have been accused of sexual improprieties, only to have the accusers later admit that they lied. (My Steeler’s Ben Rothlesberger excluded, since I’m still on the fence about that case and I think he’s a dumb slut regardless.)

Perhaps more importantly, look at the way the mainstream media lobs false accusations and baseless derision at conservatives all the time, while ignoring or excusing such pathetic liberals as Anthony Weiner, Elliot Spitzer, John Edwards and, yes, Bill Clinton, who was accused how many times of sexual harassment, sexual assault and flat-out rape?

That’s why, even if Herman Cain’s accusers step forward with details of their allegations as the one woman apparently hopes to in the days ahead, I’m still going to have to give my vote to Herman Cain over my ladies on this one unless I get stark proof of indecency.

Until then, Herman Cain unashamedly remains my candidate of choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment