Friday, December 2, 2011

Unemployment Rate Slides to 8.6% Even though Job Situation Didn’t Improve

Checking out the news – specifically the report that “job creation remained weak” last month, yet somehow “the unemployment rate slid to 8.6%” – has put me into a decidedly cranky mood this morning.

That kind of news makes me feel like I’m being lied to. Largely because I am. And so are you.

For that matter, we're also being patronized big time by the Obama administration, which obviously thinks it can play around with economic data enough to lull voters into a false enough sense of security so that we’ll vote Democrat next year.

Translation: Our elected president and his motley crew think we’re a bunch of idiots. Stated bluntly like that, it’s rather hard not to take offense.

Then there’s Herman Cain’s admission that he gave Ginger White money without his wife’s knowledge. That has me ticked off too.

Do I think that he cheated on his wife? No, I still don’t. I’m still as certain as I can be without flat-out proof that those other women were frauds, which makes this latest case unbelievably convenient for Cain’s opposition.

Yet even if my suspicions are correct and Ginger White was lying, it doesn’t change the fact that Cain made a major – and frankly, stupid – mistake that could very well cost him any chance of getting the nomination. If I was his wife, I’d be ticked.

Heck! If I was his supporter – which I am – I’d be ticked!

Though I don’t think I’d mind being wrong in this case, for better or worse, right or wrong, I can’t see Cain recovering from this latest attack.

And that makes me cranky.

Thank God It’s Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment