Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mitt Romney Wins Florida – for Better or for Worse – Thanks to Women Voters

So Mitt Romney won the most recent round of GOP presidential nominations. And he did it in part because female Floridians flocked to him, quite possibly because they didn’t take kindly to Newt Gingrich’s womanizing past.

Or possibly because he’s better looking. Who knows these days.

As a female myself, I can’t say that I blame them if they really did go the Romney route because of the other front-runner’s sordid self. I don’t know what Gingrich is like now, but his history shows that he at least used to be quite the oinker. And it’s really hard to vote for somebody who respected women so little, especially considering the conservative uproar Republicans put up over previous pig president Bill Clinton not that long ago.

I’m not going to say that I’m thrilled with Romney winning another state on top of New Hampshire but, at this point, I’m not fully convinced that he’s any worse a conservative candidate than Gingrich.

Both have in some form or another supported a predecessor to Obamacare, both have “crossed the aisle” to make deals with liberals one too many times for comfort, and both come across as unbelievably arrogant more often than not.

(Not that the last point has anything to do with conservatism. I just find it annoying.)

Regardless, my vote is still with Rick Santorum regardless of whether he has a real chance or not. If I have the choice, I’ll go with the most conservative man or woman standing any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment