Thursday, October 11, 2012

I Couldnt Watch the Vice Presidential Debates Last Night After a Certain Point


Watching the vice presidential debate last night, I had to press the power button at 9:54, essentially to save my TV from being hurled out the window and my neighbors from having to call 9-1-1 about the obscenities being screamed from next door.

Now I do have to say that I had previously been reading Ann Coulter’s newest book, Mugged, which – while being very informative – is filled with some utterly horrific, real life accounts of women being doused in gasoline and set on fire, policemen being beaten so severely that their eyes are gouged out, and 15-year-old girls being raped… all while liberal media outlets and politicians played the race card.

In other words, I wasn’t in the mood for liberal shenanigans to begin with.

And then the debate began.

At first, watching Joe Biden grin and laugh was just uncomfortably awkward. I’m actually not trying to be funny or even disrespectful when I say that the Vice President looked senile as he projected his disdain at Paul Ryan with far too much enthusiasm.

But then, as the debate progressed onward, with Biden continuously interrupting Ryan, mocking Ryan, laughing disparagingly at Ryan and overall acting like an undisciplined sophomore in an academic class he can’t – or doesn’t want to – force his mind to understand… and with moderator Martha Raddatz allowing Biden to interrupt willy-nilly, interrupting Ryan herself and switching the subject abruptly whenever it suited her purpose…

Well, it really just got too much.

Going into this, I had expected the lies and I had expected the bias. They’re to be expected from leftists intent on their own destructive agenda. But even so, I really thought that I would enjoy it.

However, it became all too clear that the vice presidential debate was not going to be the fun experience I anticipated. Nor was it even a worthwhile exchange of ideas between two opposing intellectuals.

It was just a blatant display of partisanship, egotitism and disrespect… the same exact combination that America has had to put up with for the last three-plus years.

We can only pray that we don’t have to put up with four more.

If I had to guess, I’d say that most moderates and independents left last night’s debate with the same exact thought running through their heads. Because Biden didn’t come across as knowledgeable…

Just dangerously arrogant.

No comments:

Post a Comment