There are too many important subjects today for me to pick and choose, so I’m just going to list everything, throwing in some perfectly placed sarcasm to emphasize the truth… which, incidentally, should be exceedingly evident.
So without further ado:
· A new Economist/YouGov poll indicated that the rich like President Obama more than the poor. The survey showed that less than half of Americans making $100,000 per year approve of his performance, while 54% of those making more than that think he’s doing just fine. A real shocker considering how much time he spends talking about how much he cares about the little people.
· University of Wyoming student blogger and radio host Meg Lanker-Simons allegedly posted a nasty comment from herself to herself in an effort to smear Republicans and justify her juvenile beliefs. The rape threat read: “I want to hate f*ck Meg Lanker-Simons so hard. That chick that runs her liberal mouth all the time and doesn’t care who knows it. I think its hot and it makes me angry. One night with me and shes gonna be a good Republican b*tch.” Lanker-Simmons screamed misogyny until campus police “obtained substantial evidence verifying that the offending Facebook post came from Lanker-Simons’ computer, while the computer was in her possession.” A classless, loud-mouthed, lying, bigoted liberal: and this is news why?
· After meeting with anti-Christian extremist Mikey Weinstein, the Pentagon made an official statement that “Religious proselytization is not permitted within the Department of Defense… Court martials and non-judicial punishments are decided on a case-by-case basis…” In other words, sharing one’s faith is a big fat no-no. How much you wanna bet Christians will be the only ones to suffer from this new rule?
· One of the three additional college students recently arrested in relation to the Boston Marathon bombings was allowed back into the U.S. earlier this year despite how he didn’t have a valid student visa. Now if he was a Christian…
· Accordingto GeorgiaTipsheet, “A prominent pastor was allegedly disinvited from speaking at Morehouse College’s baccalaureate service this week after he criticized President Barack Obama, who will deliver the school’s commencement address. The Rev. Kevin Johnson, a Morehouse alumnus and the senior pastor of Bright Hope Baptist Church in North Philadelphia, Pa, wrote an opinion column earlier this month in the Philadelphia Tribune accusing Obama of neglecting the black community in his cabinet picks… and broader political agenda.” Because freedom of speech and individual thought just can’t be tolerated in today’s education system.
In conclusion, I have two questions, and it’s this:
What in the world are we doing to ourselves, and when are we going to get a clue?