Friday, July 12, 2013

Why Listening to Radio Talk Programs on Pop Stations Can Be Depressing

I got nothin’ today. Absolutely, completely and totally nothing.

I could write on the unfairness of the Zimmerman trial, but I’ve already covered that and I’m sure I’ll cover it again whenever the verdict comes down.

I could talk about how the San Diego mayor is probably going to get away scot free for sexually harassing his staff, but I’ve already waxed eloquence on male-female dynamics a few times in the last few weeks. So that seems old hat right now, which is really sad in and of itself.

There’s always the newest school, this time in Indiana, out there telling Michelle Obama her socialized school lunch plan just isn’t cutting it. Though again, I’d risk being repetitive.

And the fact that the CEO of the bankrupt scam known as Solyndra won’t be facing any criminal charges? Well, right now, I’m more inclined to revisit the short and tragic life of Snuffy the Seal.

Just saying.

So instead, I’m going to write a quick rant against society, particularly the society captured by morning radio programs on my local pop stations.

This morning in particular, I found out that women are better liars than men. The DJ then asked callers to phone in and share their stories about whether that factoid was correct or not.

According to Baltimore, at least, it’s true. Which isn’t very surprising. At all and for more than one reason. But I won’t get into Baltimore-bashing today. Let’s save that for another time.

As is usual with such programs, callers flocked to the phone lines in order to share their corresponding stories. These stories included:

·         A woman who cheated on her still-clueless husband years ago
·         A woman who slept with her best friend’s boyfriend and successfully kept that infidelity from her for months before the boyfriend blabbed
·         A woman who…

I actually stopped listening at that point because I was getting bored with the callers’ base mentality, so I don’t have a third example of how much society stinks.

I’m sure, however, that there were plenty to go around.

Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete