Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ann Coulter Offers Some Additional Insights Into Syria That Might Just Surprise You

I think it’s finally time for me to talk about Syria.

It’s been a hot button issue for a little while now, especially after last week’s reports of chemical warfare being unleashed against innocent civilians. Originally, we were told, it was the government behind the attack in intentionally sloppy retaliation against the rebels.

Now it’s being speculated that the rebels themselves were behind the violence, especially after a video leaked of them executing captured Syrian soldiers, who they seem to have already beaten and possibly tortured in other ways. The smuggled images smack of terrorism – not random war atrocities – as we’ve come to know it in the 21st century.

This shouldn’t be all that surprising since even The New York Times has to admit that:

“In the more than two years this civil war has carried on, a large part of the Syrian opposition has formed a loose command structure that has found support from several Arab nations, and, to a more limited degree, the West. Other elements of the opposition have assumed an extremist cast, and openly allied with Al Qaeda.”

You know if The New York Times is admitting that Al Qaeda is supporting an effort that Obama also wants to back… there’s gotta be some pervasive examples out there.

Though with that said, hardcore liberal James Carville isn’t at all backing down in the face of facts. Nope, he’s going right to the trite but still admittedly effective “Blame Bush” message. In his opinion, the reason that a potential war in Syria is “freaking people out” so badly is “the incompetence of the Bush administration in Iraq.

Which brings me quite nicely into the main point I’d like to make today.

Well, technically I’m not making the point at all. I’m going to let hardcore conservative Ann Coulter do that for me today, mainly because I think she does a good job of summing up what in the world is going on in Washington right now (or what in Washington is going on in the world).

I have to say that I don’t think Coulter is always a verbal genius. I’m in the middle of reading her book, “Treason,” and habitually get lost in her writing style. However, conservative or liberal, Coulter-fan or hater, it’s impossible to claim that the woman isn’t well-informed. And she shows it in yesterday’s post, titled “Community Organizer Goes to War.”

She covers issues and insights that I didn’t even stop to consider, so I have to say I feel fairly enlightened after reading through her commentary. I suggest you do the same.

If you’re a true intellectual who likes considering issues from multiple angles, I’m confident you won’t regret the additional read… even if you don’t end up agreeing with her conclusions. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't say that I agree with all of the points the video made (or at least all of the points as applied to this particular situation). However, it was an interesting perspective to consider, and I do think he/she/they made some insightful comments.

    ReplyDelete