Friday, November 8, 2013

Forget Politics Today; Enjoy Life Instead

I don’t feel like writing a political post today. And yes, I know I’ve been swerving from that topic a lot lately.

But as I’ve stressed a few times before, this is my blog and I can do whatever I want with it. So while the main focus is still going to be on politics, deriding ignorance and highlighting corruption, it’s my prerogative to occasionally (or not so occasionally) touch on something else.

I’d say something along the lines of, “if you don’t like it, don’t read it,” but that sounds much more harsh than I mean it to be. And I am way too snobby a writer to add “lol” or a smiley face to clarify that I’m just being silly.

Instead, I’ll let you make whatever decision you’d like to make and move on…

In past non-political posts, I’ve simply wanted to share what was on my heart. Today, I just don’t feel like delving into the depressing, draining and downright infuriating, disgusting and depraved world of Washington, et al.

Especially when writing about it doesn’t seem to be making any difference.

There doesn’t seem much to be done about it right now. The corrupt are in charge. We’re not.

Please don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying to forget about politics or refrain from voting or start stocking up for the coming apocalypse. I’m not an advocate of ignoring reality or doomsday prepping. And I will be back next week with further scathing commentary about our ridiculous representatives in government.

But today is a beautiful day, filled with countless opportunities to see good things. So frankly, I’m too busy enjoying it to think about anything as worthless as Washington.

That’s why I’m advising anyone who read this far to smile, count their blessings… and ignore politics until next week.


Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment