Friday, December 20, 2013

Virginia State Senator Dick Black Says Husband-Wife Rape Isn’t Really Rape

Republican State Senator Dick Black of Virginia is an idiot extraordinaire… Like the kind of idiot who’s actually a danger to others and therefore has no business being in politics. 

Yet he’s considering running for a U.S. House of Representatives seat.

I won’t go so far as to say that’s the worst idea ever. In fact, it probably doesn’t even make the top million list considering how many awful, atrocious ideas there have been throughout history. But it’s still a notable mention when he’s prone to making comments like the following:

“I do not know how on earth you can validly get a conviction of a husband-wife rape where they’re living together, sleeping in the same bed, she’s in a nighty and so forth, there’s no injury, there’s no separation or anything.”

Now I’m not going to read into his statement and say he’s a rapist himself. I doubt he is. Nor will I speculate on whether he abuses his wife in any way, shape or form. For all I know, they’ve been happily married these last 42 years and he’s a model husband.

In fact, he might be so exceptionally, inexcusably egocentric in that happy marriage that he can’t understand anybody having something different. I have no clue, so I won’t bother guessing.

What I am going to do is freak out on him for those indefensible words that came out of his mouth. I mean, what the heck!

No, really. Who spouts that kind of idiocy?

Apparently, Republican State Senator Dick Black of Virginia does.

Just like I don’t have a clue about his general character, I have no idea what the context of that deplorable little speech was. But unless he was quoting somebody else to illustrate how insensitive, backwards and idiotic some people can be, there’s no excuse.

No is no, Mr. Black. And rape is rape. Those lines don’t blur after the wedding vows.


Idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment