Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Two Cents on Melissa Harris-Perry’s Stupid Commentary on Romney Grandson

Sometimes I really don’t understand why people open their mouths.

I’d say “sometimes I really don’t understand why LIBERALS open their mouths,” but conservatives can be absolute morons at times too. So I’ll stick with people… even if it is a liberal this time who should learn the beauty of silence and keeping one’s racist, insensitive, ridiculous opinions to oneself.

I know I’m a bit late to the game on the whole MSNBC host Melissa Harris-Perry thing, but I’m going to tackle it anyway.

On Sunday, December 29, 2013, the little loser featured Mitt Romney’s Christmas family photo on her “What’s So Funny About 2013?” segment.

Why was it so funny? Because, in the shot, Romney is holding two youngsters, one of whom is a black baby, the adopted son of one of his children.

Apparently, this is hilarious. At least Harris-Perry and her panel thought so.

“One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just isn’t the same,” Pia Glenn sing-songed upon seeing the photo. And “comedian” Dean Obeidallah said “It really sums up the diversity of the Republican party and the RNC, where they have the whole convention and they find the one black person.”

What. The. Heck?

It’s a snapshot of a biracial family. I genuinely don’t understand the humor here. I’ve known families with adopted children of other colors and I’ve known families filled with an even wider variety of skin shades. I never once thought that worth a joke, on-air or off.

Speaking of varying skin shades, I believe Harris-Perry herself has biracial parents!

Even if she wasn’t though, there’d be no excuse for her racist, insensitive, ridiculous comments. She apologized, which is all well and good, but the fact remains that she thought it appropriate to “go there” in the first place. This was planned, reviewed, accepted and expressed!

What a pathetic human being that she couldn’t see how inappropriate it was right from the get-go. If I were her, I'd work a lot harder at concealing what a loser I was.

In other words, she should really learn to keep her mouth shut more often.

(DISCLAIMER: Mom, if you’re reading this post, I’m sorry for using the word “loser” since I know you hate it so much. But I think you’ll agree that anybody who makes racist jokes about a poor, innocent little baby is anything but a winner.)

No comments:

Post a Comment