Wednesday, January 29, 2014

President Obama, the State of the Union Address and Politicians in General Bore Me

Here’s my conclusion about President Obama’s State of the Union address last night: Our politicians are utterly useless.

No. Scratch that. They’re worse than useless. They’re a plague on society, Democrats and Republicans alike. They’re greedy, conniving, soulless snakes who sold themselves to someone other than God a long time ago.

That’s me being nice by the way. And nope, I’m not angry. I’m actually quite calm. Even bored.

Isn’t that sad? It’s getting boring how badly politicians behave.

I didn’t watch the State of the Union last night because I knew I would be bored silly listening to Obama lie, manipulate and deceive with every other word that comes out of his mouth. Even his opening of “my fellow Americans” rings false.

I mean, we’re not his fellow Americans. We’re his vassals. His serfs. His sheep that he can pamper or starve or slaughter at will. Ultimately, he doesn’t care about us any further than he can use us.

For example, that line he gave? The one about women making “up about half our workforce. But they still make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. That is wrong,” and an embarrassment and blah blah blah, chirp chirp, beep beep?

Well, that line was only a line, rather like a frat boy hitting on a girl. It wasn’t a promise of commitment or respect. It was a let-me-sweet-talk-you-into-letting-me-use-you-and-lose-you. The proof: The Obama administration is known by now for paying women less than men.

But Obama’s not the only one to blame these days. There's also Max Baucus, the nominee for U.S. ambassador to China, who flat-out admitted he’s unqualified for the job during his Senate confirmation hearing.

“I’m not a real expert on China,” he said, “but it’s my strong belief Chinese people are just as proud as we Americans are proud.”

Wow. That was deep. Just what we need to protect American interests abroad.

I’m sure he’s a Democrat. But even if he isn’t, so what? The Republicans are barely any better as they kowtow to Democrats on enormous matters of state, from immigration and spending. Why did we elect them in the first place?

Right now, the only answer I can come up with to my own question is this: We elect them to titillate us with their irresponsible, immature and insulting behavior.

Only problem is that they’re not even doing that any more. Their bad behavior is just boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment