Thursday, February 27, 2014

Beyonce Proves – Again – Just How Low a Woman Can Go

Over the weekend, my younger brother introduced me to Beyoncé’s latest release, Partition. I didn’t listen to the whole song or watch the whole video, but what I saw was enough.

Thanks for that, Munchkin. You’re such a gem.

As one guest commenter wrote on fishwrapper.com, “… her song lyrics are basically a better written, more entertaining 50 shades of grey,” which, incidentally, was one of the most demeaning, emotionally manipulative, talentless pieces of trash I’ve ever personally read. (And I’ve read Michael Moore, so that says something.)

Admittedly, that same commenter, Stephen, went on to defend Beyoncé, claiming that despite resembling Fifty Shades of Grey, “…I still think she is doing something different. It’s a celebration the love she share while being married and having a kid. I just hate that she is being grouped in with Miley. That girl is not worthy of being mentioned on the same website, let alone the same post as Beyonce.”

Now everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of course, even if it’s blatantly wrong… But this guy is blatantly wrong.

Before you start judging me as a hater, consider the opening lines of Partition:

“Driver roll up the partition please
I don’t need you seeing Yonce on your knees
Oh he so horny, yeah he want to f*ck
He popped all my buttons, and he ripped my blouse
He Monica Lewinsky-ed all on my gown”

How is that a “celebration” of anything but female degradation? If Beyoncé likes to kneel down for her husband in the back of a limo, that seems potentially disrespectful to the driver – who’s doubtlessly going to know exactly what’s going on back there – but I won’t harp on that.

What I am going to point out is that Beyoncé blatantly compares herself to an emotionally manipulated intern being exploited by a sexual predator.

Interesting, right?

She’s also broadcasting her sexual preferences – or what she’s been told are her sexual preferences – to a bunch of girls who look up to her as an ideal to be and a bunch of boys who look up to her as an ideal to get.

Not to harp on the point, but that ideal is then to demean and be demeaned.

Awesome.

Do you know what else is the same shade of awesome? Our President, Barack Obama.

Wanna know how we know Obama is a failure at life? Because he stood up at a fundraiser during his reelection campaign in 2012 and declared that “Beyoncé could not be a better role model for my girls.”

Those poor children. They have my most sincere and deepest sympathies.

No comments:

Post a Comment