Friday, February 28, 2014

President Obama Actually Said Something Worthwhile Last Night!

I never thought I’d actually agree with an Obama speech, but apparently hell has frozen over.

I should have known as much when I woke up shivering this morning and couldn’t get warm for anything.

Yesterday, our President, Barack Obama, kicked off his “My Brother’s Keeper” initiative from the White House. And while I’m sure he made some really stupid comments during the commemorative speech, the ones being reported by Yahoo! this morning are quite accurate and even inspiring.

Aiming his remarks at young minority men, specifically black and Hispanic youth, he said:

“Nothing will be given to you. The world is tough out there. There’s a lot of competition for jobs and college positions, and everybody has to work hard. But I know you guys cans succeed.”

Wow. Wow. Wow!

That was seriously refreshing.

Admittedly, it would be nice if Obama would put his politics where his mouth is, but I truly hope that young people of all races hear those words and accept them.

Life isn’t easy. But it is worth fighting for, even when that fight means making personal sacrifices for a better future.

So take Obama’s advice this one time, guys.

Accept the world for what it is – both good and bad – and do what you can with what you got!

No comments:

Post a Comment