Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bachelorette Andi Dorfman Needs to Look Up the Definition of “Classless”

I know I’m a bit late to the game, but I want to talk about the whole Bachelorette scandal, where Andi Dorfman got called out by runner-up Nick Viall for having sex with him right before she dumped him on national television.

“Knowing how in love with you I was, if you weren’t in love with me, I’m just not sure why you made love with me,” he told her on the “After the Final Rose” episode.

“I think that’s kind of below the belt,” Dorfman told him, then stated later, “I just felt like, again, [it was] just kind of classless. That’s supposed to be private, and I don’t know what purpose you’re accomplishing by doing that. But you know, we’re going to take the high road…”

Ummm… Ok. I’m not trying to slut-shame or anything but I’m pretty sure she needs to look up the word “classless” in the dictionary. I’m pretty sure it’ll say something along the lines of:

Class·less [klas-lis, klahs-]
adjective
1.      Airing all of your private business on national TV on a show that is all about you making(out) your way through a gaggle of people in order to find “true love.”
2.      Having sex with someone and then dumping them in the next episode. (Or was it the same episode? I’m not sure since I didn’t watch it.)
3.      Calling someone “classless” after behaving in manners 1 and/or 2.

In other words, Andi Dorfman is a classless hypocrite. And while I very, very, very rarely agree with Fox News’ Bob Beckel on The Five, I can’t disagree with him for calling her “a slut.” Yes, there are most definitely nicer ways of describing her behavior, but there are also nicer ways of treating people than how Dorfman treated Viall.

Her behavior was ridiculous, hurtful and, frankly, embarrassing. I’m not saying we should start throwing stones, but maybe someone should sit her down and tell her she’s not doing herself or anyone else any favors by behaving in this manner…

And while they’re at it, maybe they could suggest she brush up on her vocabulary as well.


P.S. I’d be saying the same exact thing if a man behaved like Andi Dorfman did.

P.P.S. I also agree with the brunette woman on The Five who called Bob Beckel out for being a hypocrite. I’m sure he’s slept with women and then dumped ‘em the next day, which makes him just as much of “a slut” as Andi Dorfman.

P.P.P.S. Yes, I’m projecting an opinion on Beckel, but he certainly doesn’t do anything to dissuade viewers of the notion that he’s a complete and absolute oinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment