Friday, February 20, 2015

“If These Young, Hot, Little Girls Have a Firearm…” A Solution to Campus Rape?

“If These Young, Hot, Little Girls Have a Firearm…” A Solution to Campus Rape?

We’ve all heard how rape on college and university campuses is a humongous problem.

We’ve heard about it from a whole lot of liars – one of the most recent being Lena Dunham – who have cried rape for the sole purpose of violating someone else’s security. And those disgusting false allegations admittedly put a whole lot of question marks inside of the debate.

But let’s face it… These are oversexed environments where young men and women are told their highest possible achievements are to get drunk and get laid. In that kind of setting, you know there’s a whole lot of unsafe sex going around, and probably too many instances of rape as well.

(Just for the record, one instance of rape is one too many, but I’m going to take a wild guess and say that the official number per average campus is unfortunately a lot higher than that.)

Anyway, some lawmakers are coming up with the dumbest ideas to combat this safety issue, calling for consent forms and sensitivity classes. Like a real rapist is going to care about either?

I can just see the scenario now… Drunk, oversexed, arrogant, me-me-me college guy tries to drag nice, just-trying-to-get-a-degree-and-make-a-better-life-for-herself college girl off to his primordial cave. Thinking quickly, she reaches into her purse and whips out a consent form and shoves it in his face.

“Excuse me, you jerk!” She reprimands. “I didn’t sign this.”

Drunk, oversexed, arrogant, me-me-me college guy lets her go to scratch his head. “Oh yeah, that sensitivity class I took last month educated me about these. Sorry. Totally forgot.”

Don’t see that happening? Yeah, neither do I.

But Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore is talking about a different solution: guns. “If these young, hot little girls on campus have a firearm,” she mused to The New York Times, “I wonder how many men will want to assault them. The sexual assaults that are occurring would go down once these sexual predators get a bullet in their head.”

So here’s scenario number two… Drunk, oversexed, arrogant, me-me-me college guy tries to drag nice just-trying-to-get-a-degree-and-make-a-better-life-for-herself college girl off to his primordial cave. Thinking quickly, she reaches into her purse and whips out her Glock 19 and shoves it in his face.

“Excuse me, you jerk!” She yells. “You’re not moving until the cops get here.”

Drunk, oversexed, arrogant, me-me-me college guy lets her go to throw his hands up in the air. “Oh yeah, they’re allowing guns on campus now. Sorry. Totally forgot.”

Out of the suggested solutions so far, I know which one sounds more of a deterrent to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment