Friday, April 3, 2015

Are We Going to Make Muslims in America Cater to Gay Rights?

Today’s blog post comes courtesy of Louder With Crowder, who I never heard of before this morning, when I was deliberately avoiding getting ready for work.

Which I’m glad I did.

Then again, I usually am glad I avoided getting ready for work. But this time, it’s for a reason other than that I hate my job.

This time, it’s because someone – Steven Crowder of Louder With Crowder, apparently – addressed that horrific Indiana religious rights law that is savagely violating gay people’s civil rights throughout this backwards country of ours.


You know… Muslims like the ones our destructive president is negotiating with right now, who have repeatedly stated that they want our death and destruction. And Muslims like the ones who just honestly want to live their lives in peace and quiet like the rest of us, with the freedom to say “no” to what they don’t believe in.

Also, I have to add… Muslims like the majority of refugees pouring into America these days. Oh yeah, and the ones entering illegally.

Those Muslims.

What do Muslims have to do with religious rights laws and gay people?

Well, for one, as Crowder points out, in many Middle Eastern countries, homosexuality is a crime punishable by death. (P.S. It isn’t here in America.)

Number two: Why isn’t anyone marching into Muslim cakeries and freaking out when they’re refused service? Why is just Christian ones? If we’re going to shove minority opinions down people’s throats, then we have to do so across the board. No playing favorites, people.

And number three? Nobody is saying that American places of business can deny service to gay people. They’re just saying they can deny service of specific actions that blatantly go against their belief system.

Gay people could therefore refuse to bake a cake that says “I Want Homosexuals to Burn in Hell.”

Personally, I think people SHOULD have the right to refuse that kind of service. I know I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment