Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Women Hurting Women: Jessie J’s “Do It Like a Dude” and C.S. Lewis’ “Mere Christianity”

In yesterday’s blog, I mentioned that women are doing a whole lot of damage to ourselves, and how we should consider what we can do to encourage respect rather than always pointing the finger at the opposite sex.

Then last night, I watched Jessie J’s “Do It Like a Dude” music video, which featured women getting in the camera’s face like they’re tough, stone-cold gangsters… one of the worst male stereotypes to fall back on.

Not surprisingly, the lyrics aren’t any better. Here’s a few snippets:

“Dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty dirty sucka
You think I can't get hurt like you, you m*therf*cker
I can do it like a brother
Do it like a dude
Grab my crotch, wear my hat low like you”

and

“Boom Boom, pour me a beer
No pretty drinks, I'm a guy out here
Rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin' money like a pimp
My B-I-T-C-H's on my d*ck like this.”

Now, that by itself is a pretty negative commentary on how women are hurting women, going around with the maturity of a morally bankrupt 13-year-old and demanding to be lauded for it.

But here’s an even worse consideration… According to the majority of the 100,215 YouTube comments posted below the video, girls ate those lame lyrics up, calling them “feminist” and defending their grossly inaccurate definition of the word by swearing the male gender out.

Believe it or not, that made me think of famed Christian author C.S. Lewis.

You see, in his “Mere Christianity,” which was first broadcasted in the 1940s, he talks about how sexualized his country had become and how poorly women were being treated as a result.

Seven decades later, we’re finally accepting that reality. Yet our solution to the problem is not to treat women better, but to treat men just as bad.

Which means we’re not really interested in bettering ourselves or society. We just want everyone to be equally miserable.

I shouldn’t need to say this, but apparently there are a lot of evil, stupid or brainwashed people out there. So here goes: That’s just stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment