Friday, May 1, 2015

Oh, the Racist Rants I’m Reading Now

I’m reading comments on articles right now. Which is stupid on so many levels. I mean, everyone knows that no good comes out of reading comments on articles these days. But I’m too curious for my own good sometimes so here I am.

Of course, I’m reading stuff about Baltimore and Freddie Gray. (Because, what else is there these days?) And it’s tragic. This whole mess is so tragic and so preventable.

So why aren’t we preventing any of it?

Let me explain.

I’ve read and read about and heard so many opinions over the last week. The ones I’m seeing now are mostly from white people throwing the N-word around, lumping all black people together and saying that black lives don’t matter.

Why are they being such racist pigs? Because they’re sick of black racists saying that white lives don’t matter. They’re tired of the Al Sharptons and Jeremiah Wrights and Jesse Jacksons out there savaging white people’s lives, livelihoods and reputations to prove that they’re relevant.

And why do black racists like Al Sharpton, Jeremiah Wright and Jesse Jackson have such destructive power over this country? Well, that’d be because of destructive, ignorant, idiotic white racists who kept them or their fathers or their grandfathers from sitting on buses or voting or living free.

See a pattern here? Because I do. And it’s sickening.

One group behaves badly – maybe even horribly – fostering hatred in the other group. The other group then retaliates by behaving badly – maybe even horribly – fostering hatred in the first group. Which then leads the other group to feel even more justified in hating.

It’s disgusting, and it’s disturbing and it’s so exceptionally sad. And we could make so much of it stop if we’d just quit lumping everyone into categories like they’re the end-all and be-all of society.

There are some good white people and bad white people. There are some good black people and bad black people. If that sounds like a childish breakdown, it’s because it’s really that simple.

So how about we forget categories. Because from where I stand now, they’re not any more helpful than they are relevant considering how the whole human race seems to be in serious need of being smacked upside the head right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment