Wednesday, July 22, 2015

What a Bunch of Inspirational Morons

Sometimes the inspirational philosophies people subscribe to – and then post on Facebook – makes me want to scream. I’m talking about stupid sayings, like:

“Nothing happens to you. Everything happens for you.”

My automatic response: Oh, really? So getting raped is actually a gift? Losing your five-year old to cancer is really a positive? Watching your house burn down is, in fact, a blessing?

Wonderful! I’m sure everyone who’s experienced heartbreaking tragedy can now feel peachy.

I’m not saying we can’t learn from life. And I’m not saying we can’t grow from it. But that bit of bull is one of the most insensitive things I’ve ever heard in my entire life.

Speaking of which, here’s another round of inspirational nonsense.  In reaction to a meme that reads: “Shout out to all the beautiful women who don’t need to dress half naked to get a man’s attention, some delusional – but inspirational – nitwit put the following together: “Shout out to all the beautiful women who don’t need to dress half naked to get a man’s attention degrade other women to validate themselves… stay classy!!!”

My response: DO YOU HALF-NAKED WOMEN HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH WORSE YOU’RE MAKING IT FOR YOUR GENDER BY DRESSING LIKE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT ASSET IS YOUR BODY?

I mean, seriously. When you walk around advertising your sexuality to a bunch of visually stimulated men already prone to lowering their standards, what do you think is going to happen? They’re going to compliment your personality?

Hint: Probably not.

If your brain is still too mired in “inspiration,” here’s the plain-as-day answer: No. As a whole, they’re going to accept the “clearance” label you stamped on yourself and then label every other woman the same way. Which means you’re doing me an enormous disservice, then have the nerve to say I’m degrading you.

Or how about this priceless jewel: “A person hates you for one of three reasons: 1) They want to be you. 2) They hate themselves. 3) They see you as a threat.”

My response: 4) You’re an absolute moron. 5) You’re an absolute jerk. 6) You spend your time thinking up ways to destroy logic in order to make yourself feel better about your poor intellectual skills.

Sheesh! With all of that “inspiration” flying around, I’m inspired to give up on humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment