Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Donald Trump's Republican Supporters Are Being So Dogmatic, They Might as Well Be Liberals

Thanks to Donald Trump, I am something severely less than impressed with my own party right now. It’s not even the typical moron leadership this time that’s aggravating me so badly. I’m referring to the constituents, who I overall like to have a decent opinion of.

Judging by recent events, that desire is about as realistic as expecting logic from a liberal.

I know I’m late to the game on Trump’s comments about Megyn Kelly, but I’d like to share my thoughts on the matter anyway. After the debate, he tweeted she “had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever.”

And then, when he was called out on it, he made some stupid excuse that he was talking about her nose and how only a pervert would think otherwise, then went off on how political correctness is destroying the country.

For that, I have no qualms about comparing him to those women who cry rape just to get back at ex-boyfriends or make themselves feel better about poor decisions. Rape is a serious problem, and they turn it into a sorry joke.

In the same way, Trump is using the serious problem of people forcing their opinions on others in the name of “political correctness” to play to his own selfish purpose.

Like I said in my last blog about him, right after the debate and before the news of his tweets hit, Donald Trump is a blowhard and an ego-case who uses divisive language. Unfortunately, to a large degree, that’s to be expected. So while his comments about Kelly were ridiculously offensive and unnecessarily immature, they’re not entirely unexpected.

What I find a lot more disturbing is the chunk of the Republican base determined to defend him.

What the heck!

I’m constantly calling out liberals for their dogmatic commitment to their ideology like they’re mindless zombies. They defend their leaders no matter what they do, whether it be demeaning women, taking bribes or lying to the public. Yet right now, we’re acting no better than them.

Wake up, people!

It’s okay to say that Donald Trump has some good ideas without condoning his bad behavior. We can stand on truth without defending anyone on everything who purports to stand for that truth.

And guess what? We can also acknowledge that maybe we backed a candidate who turned out to be a dud. We’re human. It happens.

So basically, get real Republicans. Get a life. Either that or get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment