Friday, December 16, 2016

Ariana Grande Makes Me Despair for Womankind

Thanks to Hailee Seinfeld, Ariana Grande and a random snapshot of a friend’s husband’s coworker I got last night, I’ve never been more disgusted with my gender.

I don’t understand how women get any respect whatsoever when so many of us behave like our bodies are up for the lowest bidder.

This diatribe begins with me being (stupidly) curious about the music video to Hailee Seinfeld’s Starving, which is a pretty catchy song despite its complete hodgepodge of sexualized messages.

With lines like “I didn’t know that I was starving ‘til I tasted you / Don’t need no butterflies when you give me the whole damn zoo / by the way – by the way you do things to my body,” I already understood the music video was going to be something less than classy.

Sure enough, it’s filled with parted lips, stroking hands and skimpy outfits.

Essentially, it’s just what women everywhere need to break the glass ceiling. At the strip club.

Then I (stupidly) clicked on the next featured music video, Ariana Grande’s Side to Side.

And, forgive my language, but… What. A. Whore.

There’s no polite way to say what that chick is doing to the camera the whole time with her arrogant eyes, her parted legs or the carefully calculated shots of her rump – and those of twelve other stripperlicious women – thrust out as she rides an exercise bike in ways exercise bikes were NEVER meant to be ridden… to say nothing of the shower shots of her backup harlots.

The way these women portray themselves, they’re nothing but sex objects, and such cheap ones that they’re free. You can practically watch them masturbating for you on YouTube whenever you want.

This worse-than bargain-basement mentality is one that’s permeating society these days, as evidenced by the pictures I got from a friend attending her husband’s Christmas work party last night. It’s a company with a single female employee, who showed up dressed in a cutout mini-dress (emphasis on the mini) and stilettoes that would have fit in pretty well with either Hailee Seinfeld or Ariana Grande’s skanky music videos.

On what planet is that a good idea?

I guess a planet where it’s okay to portray yourself and – as a result – your entire gender as nothing more than the stuff of immature and/or disgusting boys’ fantasies.

So Hailee Seinfeld, Ariana Grande and random coworker, newsflash: Women are worth more than their bodies. And it’s high time you started reflecting that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment